New Cemetery (At Poniatowskiego Street) Print

 

When the ‘Old Cemetery’ had no more room to expand, a much larger one was established in Gliwice’s “Zatorze” district.


 The Viennese architect Max Fleischer, designer of many synagogues and one of Vienna’s city halls, designed a splendid Gothic-Revival pre-burial hall which was built there in 1902-1903.
There have been some 800 burials at the cemetery from the beginning of the 20th century until the present day. The hall, neglected since World War II, is being renovated. 

Gallery